[Santana 22] Question about My S22

Keay Edwards keay at keay3.net
Thu Nov 18 15:45:31 EST 2010

Hello All,

I got a few good responses to my question about light air sailing, thanks.  I expect to consolidate the suggestions and post back to the list.  Here is my new question.  I have hull number #466.  I recently purchased a used "bridge Plate"?  the metal bar with cam cleats for running the control lines back to the cockpit.

I have a fiberglass "box" that my hatch slides into when you push the hatch forward.  It is stock, has non-skid on it.  I've looked at all the photos I can find of S22's and I don't seem to see this on any other boats.  The only reason I bring this up is that this structure will interfere with my running lines from the base of the mast.  Any line will rub across the leading edge of the structure.  Have many of you removed this structure?

Here is a photo with an arrow pointing to the issue.

http://keay3.blogspot.com/

Thanks Much for any info you may have.

Keay Edwards
keay at keay3.net