[Santana 22] Nav lights

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Fri Oct 22 15:42:13 EDT 2010

Tom,

You're under 7 meters, so you only have to have an "all-round white
light" which may be a flashlight (torch) to illuminate the sail.

You don't even have to carry a fire extinguisher because you're an
outboard and you have a removable gas tank.

I know. I was stopped and inspected. My lights didn't work (what else
it new?).  My extinguisher was in the "red" zone.  I was passed by
the CG inspection team. I did have a "torch" that gleamed dimly in
the noon-day sun, but it passed, too.

Here's the wording:

> Power-driven vessels of less than 7 meters whose maximum speed
> cannot exceed 7 knots may exhibit an all-around white light, and if
> practicable sidelights instead of the lights prescribed above, in
> International Waters only.

Pat
ex-"Elaine"