[Santana 22] Tuna For Sale

Ben ben_blankinship at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 23:01:55 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I joined this listserve in 2004, and have never posted anything, guess that
makes me a lurker. I have collected great information and am proud to have owned
the best bay boat out there, the Santana 22.

To be brief (I've rewritten this a bunch, this is hard!) I will put an add on
craigslist this weekend, but wanted to tell it here first, and offer lower price
than what I'll advertise:

Hull #406
Location: Oyster Point Marina
Owned since 2/19/2004

The keel fell of on the first Friday I owned it, turned turtle on me a mile
north of treasure island. She stole my heart, she did. I didn't have insurance
yet, so it took about a year to:

in 2005,
replace the keel and bolts (receipt for bolts on file)
find a mast (anybody else miss Nelson's?)
replace all standing rigging,
replace all electrical; got a good stereo on it, and marine band 2 way radio (i
was told not to say "CB radio")
the motor is a Nissan 5.5, an older grey one, one of the best 2 strokes out
there. I have modified it to use an external tank.

So, she's safe; rigging has plenty of life, the keel will not fall off (I
guarantee) for 30 years.

Here's the rest:

The jib is a storm and beat. the main is a full batten and is in fair condition,
8 years old.
The brightwork in the cockpit is beat, but I sanded down the toe rails and
stowed them, theyre ready for your brush, by my standard.
The hull was sanded down and painted in 2008 (reciept on file), so she's due. I
cleaned the bottom well last summer.

If your still reading your looking for what I'm asking. I will advertise for
$1800 (what I paid) and take $1500 if pressured enough. If you are a sailor, or
a friend of someone on this list, the cost is $1200.

i have current pictures if serious.

I will stay on the list, and maybe one 'o these days, when the vessel of our
dreams we launched 6 months ago, a baby girl named Lucy, is able to head up to
the wind (right now she falls off something terrible), I'll see if any of you
need some ballast for one of your races. I can haul a line and tie a clove hitch
and bowline too.

I hope my Betty can go to good hands.