[Santana 22] Great Pumpkin regatta

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 28 10:50:22 EDT 2011

Ciaran,
Yes, 234 if you carry a genny, 237 if you only have a jib.  But I think
the 234 applies even if you have ACCESS to a genoa, i.e. can use it when
the wind is light.  You don't get to say "well, it's blowing 25 so I'll
just use the jib and take the better rating", the decision needs to be
made when you enter the regatta.

For Great Pumpkin, I think you DO get to decide whether to use the
spinnaker and have the regular rating above, or forego it and add 10
seconds per mile, on race day.

But I'm a bit foggy this morning, so if I'm wrong on any of this please
forgive me (or if someone else knows better, correct me).

Jan Grygier
Carlos, #5050
Saturday only - and I just got another crew, hooray!