[Santana 22] Tuna Tune-ups 15 April and 12 May

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:44:54 EDT 2012

Hi Sailors,

Our first Tuna Tune-up of the season is this Sunday 15 April  in Clipper
Cove, Treasure Island. Frank Lawler will coach us to be fast, safe &
confident at race starts.  He wrote some very informative text on
"strategies at starts", which can be found at our website

http://santana22.com/articles/Starts

Please take the time to read through the information.

The day will start at 11 with starts followed by a small windward-leeward
course. We'll do a number of these starts, break for a potluck lunch at TI
marina during which Frank will talk & give feedback, and then go out for
more starts to practice what we just learned. Finish around 4. "Tackful"
will be committee boat, please come within hailing distance before the
first start and monitor at VHF 68.

Starting procedure will be :

5 min warning
1 min warning
start

First warning will be at 11.

The second Tuna Tune-up will be held on the Alameda Estuary on Saturday 12
May, with a similar format, and followed by a BBQ. We'll send another email
out with more info closer to the date.

Please use the website to sign up for these events, so we can get an idea
how many boats will come

http://santana22.com/schedule/

click on the details next to the event. You can enter information if you
are looking for crew, or would like to crew for someone else on these
events. We'd like to encourage new members to the fleet to come and check
out these fun events. Please consider to come as crew if you can't bring
your boat. We'll help to find space on a Santana. Contrary to an earlier
message, fleet membership is not required to participate.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Kristy Lugert "Kitten"
Jennifer McKenna "Zingaro"
Frank Lawler, "Tackful"
Anna Alderkamp "Byte Size"