[Santana 22] Fleet racing 2012

Anne-Carlijn Alderkamp acalderkamp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 11:27:47 EST 2012

Hi all,
In addition to Jennifer's points, please let us know what you want in terms
of racing!

Please fill out the survey on

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VCSKWZ3

We will use your responses to pick some regattas to add to the YRA
schedule, and we can also use this to tell the YRA what the sailors want.
E.g. do you like the 1-race days YRA has planned, or do you prefer 2-3 race
days? How important are the price tags for you? The YRA ODCA series will
now be 210$ (membership and race fee, I'm not counting the PHRF certificate
as you will need that anyhow), which works out to 52.50$ per race day,
which is slightly more expensive when compared to e.g. the Wheeler regatta
or Sarcoma cup. Is this important to you?

We now have 14 responses (it took them on average 7 minutes to fill out the
survey, so not long at all), and the only clear message so far is that the
Southbay is the least favorite race venue, all other responses are as
diverse as Santana sailors are  :-) , so please let us know what you want!

We hope to see you all at the fleet meeting:

February 17, 2012, 7:00 p.m., at Pineapple Sails in Alameda.

and/or at the Santana 22 SF bay fleet winter dinner:

January 21, 2012, after the 2nd Jack Frost Midwinter at Encinal Yacht Club,
Alameda,

Happy New Year!

Anna Alderkamp

Byte Size #801