[Santana 22] Questionnaire and Santana 22 mentoring

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:51:01 EST 2012

Dear Tuna sailors,

Thanks to to all who came out to the dinner at EYC! I hope everyone had a
good time and got to know a few more Tuna Sailors. We'll keep you posted on
more social activities to get to know each other, and please let us know if
you have any ideas and want to organize any activities.

Next up is the fleet meeting on 17 Feb, at Pineapple Sails in Alameda,
where we'll discuss our 2012 race schedule. We'll send out an agenda and
proposed race schedule ahead of time to get your comments. The survey has
been of some use to find out what the majority of people want in terms of
racing.  It turns out this is pretty diverse, but the majority of responses
so far show folks prefer 1-day regattas over 2-day weekends, and the South
Bay is the least favorite race venue. For the white sails series it seems
like folks prefer one-design racing over PHRF, and shorter 2-3 races per
day over over long bay races, although many people like a combination of
long and short races. Finally, it looks like we have very few folks who
plan to race with spinnaker this season, please let me know if I'm wrong.

Quite a few people have indicated on the survey they would like to get a
Santana 22 mentor. Unfortunately, at least two people who indicated this
did not leave their email address. So if you'd like to be mentored by an
experienced Santana 22 sailor and you haven't heard from me yet, please
send a note with your email address, sailing area, and where your interests
are (racing, cruising, social, building, etc).

Finally, for those of you who were not sailing last Saturday, the
conditions on the Berkeley Circle were epic! Check out this link:

http://www.pressure-drop.us/forums/showthread.php?2306-Encinal-Jack-Frost-Mid-Winters

where Jennifer McKenna shows off the newly painted bottom of "Zingaro"!

Fair winds, and hope to see you on the water for the 3 Bridge Fiasco, Sat,
Jan 28th, for the 9 am start,

Anna Alderkamp
"Byte Size" #801