[Santana 22] Fw: Seminar Series - Racing Tactics with Kame Richards

JMcK j_amck at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:08:59 EST 2012

Hello tuna fleet,

This should be a good seminar if you're thinking about racing or already out
there racing and want some good tips!
Hope to see you there,
~Jennifer
Zingaro #5050

Ahoy Jennifer!

We're so excited about our guest speaker this coming Thursday! We hope you can
join us! Space is limited so please call in advance.

Seminar Series

Racing Tactics Tips and Tricks with Kame Richards

Thursday, February 2

7pm - 9pm Alameda
Please RSVP - 510-865-4700

Kame Richards, Owner/Operator of Pineapple Sails is no stranger to racing. He
has won the Rolex Big Boat Series on his Express 37, Golden Moon, for 4 of the
last 5 years and is a fierce competitor on the San Francisco Bay. He is a
respected racer/sailor and is widely known as a very entertaining and
knowledgeable spokesperson for the sport. We're excited to have him share his
know-how on racing tactics and we are looking forward to learning a lot and
laughing some too!

Topics will include:

Measure the competition- if you know how they think, they are easier to pass;
when someone tacks, ask yourself why; track their position, track the fleet
position

Wind shifts- what do they mean, who benefits; love the header, tolerate the
lift.

The starting line- which end is favored and why, should you try to start there?
The personality of the boats on the starting line. Time spent near/on the
starting line.

The first beat- which side of the course will be better? Does this affect where
you start? When to duck, when to tack.

Approach to the weather mark- from the front of the fleet; from the middle or
back of the fleet.

The run- Which side of the run is better? Inside overlaps at the leeward mark.

Clear air- is always in style.

The final beat- Maintain your position; improve your position; "covering" only
works on the boats behind you.

Cost:

Ultimate Members: FREE/ Members: $10/ NonMembers: $15

Complimentary beverages and snacks will be served.

Space is limited. Please call to reserve your seat.

Learn more about our continuing seminar series.

Club Nautique - Alameda - 1150 Ballena Boulevard, Suite 161 - 510-865-4700

Forward this email

This email was sent to jennifer_mckenna at sbcglobal.net by
cn_news at clubnautique.net |

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy
Policy.

Club Nautique| 400 Harbor Dr. ~ Sausalito & | 1150 Ballena Blvd., Suite 161|
Alameda| CA| 94501