[Santana 22] 2012 Santanarama - Highly Recommended

James Dilworth info2 at dilworth.org
Tue Jun 26 17:54:36 EDT 2012

We did Santanarama last year with Pip, and it was one of the most fun
weekends of sailing possible we've had.

.         Tie up your boat at Stillwater cove for a week - a spectacular
setting within driving range of the pebble beach golf course.
.         Charlie Kurtman is a fantastic host and throws a top party at his
place on the Friday evening.
.         The racing is fun - on our first day we found ourselves
frantically racing jibing and tacking to fish out easter eggs, and then did
a bunch of fun races with tasty goodies provided by the RC.
.         Great Saturday night BBQ on the beach!
.         Sunday races are spinnaker optional which doubles the fun.
.         Shelter cove is an easy three hour sail south from Monterey.
There's also a launch crane if you decide to trailer it down.

The sail down and up the coast were definitely worth it.

I can't recommend Santanarama highly enough! - Wish I could be there this
year, but I'll be in Canada.

James