[Santana 22] Thoughts about mast step.

Tom Montoya antrim27 at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 00:18:19 EST 2012

The fore / aft position of the mast step is most important for this notoriously lee helm boat.  Max aft on the deck step,  solid deck step (no mush deck), chain plates and bulk head are most important.  Naturally supporting the mast step with a perpendicular support (ie cross beam) has to be good too.

Meli'ki is set up to max numbers in these regards and if I say so myself, pretty darn fast!

Good luck to all this coming One Design racing season!

Still one of the best SF Bay boats around.

Wish I could be there.

Tom Montoya
Meli'ki
5194