[Santana 22] re-insertion of rudder

Mary Falslev quedau at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 12:37:17 EDT 2014

Before winter I removed my rudder, which had a hairline crack on its bottom surface, and brought it indoors away from our sub-zero temps so that it could dry out.  It took quite a bit of pounding with a mallet to get the shaft and rudder all the way out.  Now, as I contemplate re-inserting it after the repair, I am at a loss as to where I will pound on it to get it back up all the way where it belongs.  Pounding from the bottom on the new repair does not seem like an option. Any ideas out there?