[Santana 22] White sails racing 2015

Santana22 San Francisco santana22sfbay at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:12:13 EDT 2015

Dear Tuna skippers,

Yesterday saw the first white sail races of the season in very pleasant
conditions on the Berkeley Circle. Raven, Mad Max, Zingaro, Meliki, Alegre,
Tackful, & Byte Size sailed 2 races in shifty conditions. Unfortunately,
Jan (Carlos) was sick and didn't make it. The sailing was tight and
tactical, with lots of position changes and a big windhole at the last
windward mark. We sailed focused on the shifts and found ourselves on the
right side of a shift a few times. The last race finished at the BYC where
a pitcher of Margarita that was included in the entrance fee was waiting
for everyone. We joined the Cal 20 sailors for a fun raft up and some tall
tales. Meliki and Byte Size sailed home into a spectacular sunset, we live
in a beautiful place!

We hope to do a lot more of this over the summer! Please join us for the
YRA white sail series! You can sign up for the series, or for individual
races for no additional fee :
https://www.jibeset.net/YRA000.php?RG=T00360033   Dates are below as well.

The plans for nationals July 17-19 are also shaping up. The Corinthian
Yachtclub will organize a first class event, with Mike Gross a s our PRO.
On Friday we will have a series of starts and short races on the Knox
course where the Nat'swill be held. On Friday night we will join the CYC
BBQ on the deck. Sat and Sun are for racing 5 races and Sat night we will
have a dinner with all participants, the details of which we are working
out. Please mark the dates if you haven't already done so!

Finally, for all spinnaker lovers, please sign up for the Great Vallejo
race, May 2 & 3. It looks like we'll have five boats signing up, which
means we'll get our own start, woohoo!

Fair winds,

Anna Alderkamp
Byte Size # 801