[Santana 22] Racers Racers Racers! Midwinters are coming!

deborah fehr dfehr777 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:16:34 EST 2015

Hi Tuna Skippers!

It’s time again for midwinters! In the past, the fleet has done Encinal
Yacht Club’s Jack Frost series and is planning to do so again this year as
our white sails event (non-spinnaker). The race area is north of Treasure
Island and start is approximately 0.5 nm west of the Berkeley Pier. Also
note there are two races per day. The dates for Jack Frost are 11/21/15,
1/23/16, 2/27/16, and 3/19/16.

This is a great venue for novice and experienced racers. Please join the
fun!

Sign up here for EYC Jack Frost:

http://www.encinal.org/pageResource/racing/2016_raceDocs/jackFrost_2016.php

If you are interested in doing some spinnaker racing, Pete Rowland
suggested doing Berkeley Midwinters, Sunday only. BYC would give us our own
start if we had enough boats. The dates for BYC Midwinters (Sunday only)
are 11/15/15, 12/13/15, 1/10/16, and 2/14/16.

Sign up here for BYC Midwinters:

http://www.berkeleyyc.org/race/berkeley-midwinters-2015-2016

The weather can be unpredictable, and with threats of El Nino, there’s sure
to be some rain. Don’t let that scare you away! They call it foul weather
gear for a reason.

These are not the only opportunities to race during the winter season, but
they are the most central for our fleet. There are several choices out
there for everyone to participate. Check your local yacht club or the YRA
master calendar!

The YRA master calendar can be found here:

http://www.yra.org/racing/master_calendar.html

Cheers,

Deb and Kristen

PS: Sorry for the late email…Technical difficulties and transition.