[Santana 22] looking for a rudder

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 20:36:30 EST 2016

New rudder: Contact Gordie Nash at 415-250-8057, he has the mold and
built me a beauty for just under a grand a few years ago.  Though I
admit free is cheaper...

Trashing old boat: I hate to say it, but chainsaw and dumpster, then
sell keel for scrap.  Not a small project though.

Jan Grygier
Carlos, Hull 320/sail 5020

On 2/3/2016 1:37 PM, Chris Warden wrote:
> Igor,
>
> I've seen a Tuna parts guy on Craigslist before, he's not running
> anything now but keep your eye out for him, he usually posts cockpit
> hatch covers, masts / booms. I get the idea he has a junkyard of
> Santana parts inland somewhere.
>
> As for disposal, Craigslist is has this today:
> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mas/5414419039.html
>

> Chris
>
> "Wicked"
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Igor Polevoy <igor.polevoy at gmail.com
> <mailto:igor.polevoy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Tuna fleet,
>     my rudder post snapped just 5 mins after we have finished 3BF and
>     the rudder went down to the bottom of the Bay.
>     So I'm currently looking for a used rudder, let me know please if
>     anyone might have one.
>
>     Another question over the same issue: how can one get rid of a
>     boat on the Bay? If I'd just buy one for parts - what can I do
>     with the hull...
>

>     Thank you all
>     Igor

---