[Santana 22] New tuna owner - looking to buy some parts

Caroline Pitner caroline.pitner at icloud.com
Wed Apr 24 14:57:14 EDT 2019

Hi Tuna friends,

Looking to buy
I just purchased a 2002 santana 22 and am looking to buy some lightly used parts and accessories.  Please let me know if you are selling any of the following:

- Anchor (~7lb or more)
- Barney post for main sheet
- Tiller extension handle
- Traveller (I didn't realize some tunas were produced without one!)
- Self tailing winches (for jib sheets)
- Cabin top organizer/bridge for vang, outhaul, cunningham
- Auto tiller

This is what is on my list of projects so far.  My goals are to set it up for easier single-handing as well as some minor modifications for casual racing.  I see that seals spars sells some of the above - I’ll see what’s available on the used market first though.

If you have any other goodies you think I might be interested, or tips related to any of the above projects, please let me know!

Furling Jib Question
I also have one unrelated question.  I have a furling jib (looks like a 125%, although I need to measure) - is it class legal to use a furler for reefing during a race?

Thanks!
Caroline