[Santana 22] Brief Recap of Fleet 1 meeting

Kristen SSS Sailing ksoeiyc at att.net
Sat Feb 1 18:31:38 EST 2020

Hi there, just a quick recap of the new season from our fleet meeting on the 19th for the benefit of those not able to attend. I am lacking the full meeting notes, but I wanted to get the main races out for you before too much time passes.
The 2020 White Sails racing season was decided to include the following races:
March 7, 2020 - THE BIG DADDY REGATTA -RYC
04/04/20 – YRA Summer Series #1, The Wheeler Regatta05/09/20 – YRA Summer Series #2, City Front, Hosted by GGYC06/20/20 – YRA Summer Series #3, South Bay, Hosted by SBYC07/18/20 – YRA Summer Series #4, One Design Fleets only, Knox, Hosted by CYC08/29/20 – YRA Summer Series #5, Southampton, Hosted by RYC09/12/20 – YRA Summer Series #6, City Front, Hosted by StFYCOctober 24, 2020  - THE GREAT PUMPKIN REGATTA

We also decided on offering a Spinnaker Series with four of the longer haul races, including the Jazz cup and Great Vallejo regatta.  More details soon.
We had a great presentation by our friends in Santa Cruz.  They want to do what they can to encourage Fleet 1 participation so be thinking about what you might need to compete.
So, we are just a little over a month away from the first race of the season!  Remember to pay your dues to be counted in the season standings.
Thanks very much to all those who attended!
Cheers,Kristen