Doris Browne

Teresa Miolla tmiolla at primus.ca
Thu May 1 15:16:37 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

As most of you know by now, our dear friend Doris Browne died suddenly while
hiking with her daughter last weekend along the Ganaraska Trail.

Doris was a wonderful woman, married to her high school sweetie (Ken) for 52
years, they sailed together at OHCC  rarely missing a club race, she skied
in the winter and hiked in between seasons sometimes carrying a pack that I
used to say "weighed more than she did" . Doris amazed me as a person and a
friend; she believed in finding good in everyone, she always had a smile on
her face that could brighten even the dullest day, she was truly a fair and
competitive sport (she never cleated her jib!!!) and she even taught me to
take an interest in poetry.

Everyone is welcome her "Celebration of Life" on Sunday May 11 at the Old
Mill Restaurant, between 2-4:30 pm.

I know I will miss her but I also know she has taught me lessons I will
never forget.

Hope to see everyone there,

Commodore
Canadian Albacore Association