Sarasota/Training/Midwinters

Teresa Miolla tmiolla at primus.ca
Mon Jan 5 14:09:07 EST 2009

Happy New Year Albacore Sailors!

Just arrived home from sailing in Sarasota; I'm pumped and making plans and
it's time everyone thought about a trip to Sarasota too.

First training opportunity will be the weekend of February 21-22.  Barney
and I both have our boats there (locked up in a boat storage facility.very
cheap if you need to do the same).  We will try to do 3 days so dates not
firm at the moment but will be soon. We had some good training and even a
zany "Hang Over Regatta" on January 1.  The weather was awesome and all but
one day had a good breeze. Barney can give you the stats on how much
territory we covered for those of you who get off on that.

The Mid-Winters Regatta, hosted by Sarasota Sailing Squadron
(http://www.sarasotasailingsquad.com <http://www.sarasotasailingsquad.com/>
) will be held March 21-22. It is a great place for a wee holiday.  Camping
on site is allowed 3 days before and 3 days after the regatta, so again a
good chance to do some training on the cheap.  If you want to go and don't
have a crew or helm let me know and we can work on getting you there.  If
you are a community club sailor there are several trailers available so you
just need to ask permission from your club to use the boat.  All the Outer
Harbour Clubs have sent boats in the past. If you really need a visual there
are all sorts of pictures on both CAA and USAA sites.  I have done this trip
many times and have always done the trip in around 24 hours, stopping only
for fill ups and food. So there are no excuses, start your planning now!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon,

Teresa Miolla

AL 8094

Beaver Tales