- Peter Vasoff - Burial and Celebration of Life Service - Sat. Nov. 26th

Christine Short shortchristine at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:14:17 EST 2011

Dear Friends,

This email is to notify you of the final arrangements which have been made for Peter Vasoff for his final voyage home.

Thank you for your many calls, emails and messages paying respects for our dear friend Peter Vasoff. Your expressions of love, friendship and respectful sorrow for a thoroughly decent and fun loving man, who left our world too soon, are much appreciated by his family and many friends from Pickering College, work, the sailing community and the sporting world. God Bless you Peter. We miss you so.

Peter’s Obituary
Peter's obituary will appear in the Toronto Star this week and will read as follows;

Vasoff, Peter George

With great sadness we announce the passing of Peter Vasoff at his home after a brief illness on October 26th at the age of 60. Beloved son of Olga and George Vasoff, cousin of John Oseida , dear friend of Rosemary Helmer, and former student of Pickering College. Peter will be greatly missed by his adoptive family at the St. James Town Sailing Club in Toronto where he was a member for the past 35 years. Internment services to be held at the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Toronto on November 26th at 3:00 followed by Celebration of Life service at Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club, 1391 Lake Shore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario starting at approximately 4:30 pm. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Pickering College, Newmarket , Ontario in Peter’s name.

Burial Service

We invite you to attend a short service at Peter’s Graveside at Mount Pleasant Cemetery,
Plot No. 48 – 6045 located in the North East corner of the Cemetery. Peter will be buried with his father George at Mount Pleasant Cemetery.

Enter the Cemetery off Mt Pleasant Road and follow the white line on the road traveling east towards Bayview Ave. Turn left at the end of the road traveling north. Please note there is no car exit only a pedestrian exit from the Cemetery onto Bayview Avenue. Please see the attached map for details. The burial service will be conducted by the Reverend Betty Jordan.

INVITATION to Celebration of Life Reception

Following Peter’s burial Peter’s Family and the St. Jamestown Sailing Club will host a Celebration of Life reception starting at approximately 4:30 pm at the Toronto Sailing & Canoe Club where Peter was also a member for many years.

TS&CC is located at 1391 Lake Shore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario
See:http://www.tscc.net/tsccjoomla/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=12&Itemid=57

A formal program of remembrances and pictures will be presented followed by an opportunity for any present to share their favourite stories of Peter V as we all affectionately knew him.

Your attendance will be of great comfort to Peter’s spirit, his family and many other gathered friends.

St Jamestown Sailing Club - Tribute
St. Jamestown has advised Peter’s family that they have created a new award, the Peter Vasoff Race Management Trophy to be presented to the club member demonstrating excellence in Race Management. As we all know Peter was an excellent race manager whose skills were often called upon by the member clubs of the Outer Harbour Sailing
Federation, the Lake Sailing Skiff Association, the Canadian Albacore Association, the Canadian Yachting Association and CORK: the Canadian Olympic Regatta Kingston.

Peter will be sorely missed the next time the starting signal sounds but likely standing by in spirit.

Mississauga St Michael’s Major’s Hockey Club – Tribute
After hearing the news of Peter’s passing the Majors paid a tribute to Peter and held a moment of silence just prior to their game last weekend. The Majors commented,
“Peter Vasoff has been a strong supporter of, and will be greatly missed by, the team, staff and fans of the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors hockey club. ‘Pistol Pete's’
puck toss winning record will forever remain a legend of our organization.

Remembrances and Pictures
If anyone is unable to attend on November 26, 2011 but would like to have a remembrance read at the Celebration of Life service please forward these to
Rosemary Helmer at info at hmgi.com. We are gathering pictures of Peter for a slide show and these may also be forwarded to Rosemary.

We look forward to seeing you on November 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm and /or 4:30pm.

Please RSVP to Rosemary Helmer at Info at hmgi.com or call 416-410-4644 so that we can plan for refreshments.

John Oseida                        Rosemary Helmer                     Paul Chandler
Peter’s Cousin                    President, LSSA                         St. Jamestown Sailing Club

Rosemary Helmer
President
HMGI: Helmer Management Group International
B: 416-410-4644
E: rmhelmer at hmgi.com

"We work with you to turn Vision into Profits." ©1986

HMGI Tribute:
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we will change the world.”
The Honourable Jack Layton 1950 - 2011