[Pnw-v15] Seattle NOOD Entry Form

Trunkey, Steve - CKJH SteveT at cksd.wednet.edu
Mon Mar 24 10:44:44 EDT 2008

I believe Matt is correct. Speaking for the Central Kitsap Team, I would
guess the difference would be somewhere between 0 and 6 boats from our
program.  If it's expensive and requires membership in US Sailing we
likely won't be there.  CK, like many of the high school programs, is a
community based program.  We have kids from modest upbringings that
found even the $79 registration fee for 3 months of sailing expensive.
Some of these kids will catch the sailing fever, become successful
working adults, and eventually become leaders in the sailing community.
For now, we should be drawing them into the sport and making it
accessible.

As for the social ticket - it looks like a good deal for me personally,
but I'm not likely to take high school kids into the typical yacht club
social setting.  We would race and head home and eat from our brown
bags.