[Pnw-v15] Seattle NOOD Entry Form

Jim Lyle jim at lylegroup.com
Mon Mar 24 10:47:04 EDT 2008

Yep - you're right. But under 19 feet is a full $25 less than the next size boat. For local fleets I think that covers all the centerboarders. It's a US Sailing sanctioned event. The other events below are not. The NW Junior Olympics will be at Matthews Beach this year and that event will require youth sailors to be US Sailing members as well so $25 gets both.

Believe it or not centerboard regattas have less revenue potential than big boats. They require more support in the form of crash boats and they provide less revenue at the bar and on top of that the sailors tend to require more food. Most events just hope to break even on the little boats.

I'm not saying $75 is cheap but entry fee for a V15 at Octoberfest was $40 per competitor for $80 total (different benefits included but in the same price range.)

Jim