V15 Fleet Support for the Leukemia Cup Regatta

Matthew Sessions mcsessions at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:55:17 EDT 2006

Vanguardians,

We need your help.  I'll cut to the chase...we need you to generously
support the upcoming Leukemia Cup Regatta (LCR) at San Francisco YC on
September 9th.  The LCR is a wonderful series of regattas nationally to
directly benefit new research and the blood based cancers of leukemia,
lymphoma, and myeloma.  In 14 short years, the LCR regattas have raised more
than $20 million.  The founder and chairperson of the LCR Regattas is
sailing legend Gary Jobson who was recently diagnosed with lymphoma.

Are you planning to sail?  While the regatta (this year) is for keelboats
only, perhaps in 2007 we will organize a dinghy course and add it to the V15
fleet schedule.

Ten Reasons Why to Donate Right Now

   - The Sessions have pledged $100
   - Guillemette Brouillat & Adam Spiegel have pledged $100
   - Adam & I will give the first three donors and three highest donors a
   bottle of wine or 6-pack of beer - your choice and don't be outbid.  The 4th
   highest donor will get - absolutely nothing - but lots of respect.
   - Jim Barkow is in for $50 - can you beat that?
   - Drive more awareness & new fleet members to TISC and the SF V15
   fleet...which will increase the value of your boat if you need to sell it
   some day and buy a brand new one...but who would do that?
   - My company will match 25% of your donation...give even more!
   - My oldest brother Bob was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in
   February 2005 (http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/about_myeloma/index.html).
   A lifetime sailor and father of three, he spent much of 2005 at the
   Cleveland Clinic going through some very grueling treatments.  Bob is alive
   and healthy today thanks to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission in
   research to find cures for blood cancers—leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
   Currently, myeloma is a treatable but an incurable cancer.
   - My other brother Tom has been the Regatta Chair for the last four
   years for the Cleveland Yacht Club LCR raising to date over $550,000.  Tom
   is flying out to sail on Adam's J-105 for the regatta.
   - At the first 20 Thursday nights this year, an average of 17.9Vanguards and
   7.1 lasers have sailed.  That's 25 boats every Thursday night.  We
   have three boats committed so far - Sessions, Spiegel, and Barkow.  Only
   22 more boats/teams/owners are needed to reach our easy goal.
   - The highest donor in the fleet will (or maybe) get honorary points
   in the Thursday Night Series equivalent to the donation.  $1 = 1
   point.  Buy the trophy!

For more information on the regatta:
http://www.active.com/donate/leukemiacupgsf  (Note our V15 fundraising page
is under the drop-down name of 'Sessions, Matthew C.' - long story).

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/regatta//all_page.adp?item_id=410523

Please support now:  http://www.active.com/donate/leukemiacupgsf/V15

A sincere thank you...
Matthew Sessions & Adam Spiegel