While we're on the subject of dollies

jay Palace jpalace at gelcorp.com
Wed Nov 1 14:13:47 EST 2006

V15 Fleet,

The recent Tomales Bay regatta may have prompted some borrowing of gear, as
Jorge's note suggests, and as I learned this past weekend.

While loading my V15 onto my motorboat at TI, I learned that my boat and
dolly had also been used as the source for the two retaining pins which hold
your dolly wheels on and also my drain plug.  The drain plug is not a big
deal at all, as I bought two extras, back when borrowing was more prevalent
than it is these days.

However, the retaining pins for the wheels turned out to be a much bigger
deal. While loading the dolly onto the roof of the boat, the wheels fell
off, and when they hit the water, the plastic collar, and inner bearing set
fell out of one of them, sinking into the mud of our beloved clipper cove.
Luckily, wheels float.  However, my dolly will no longer roll, as bearings
are a key part of that whole "invention of the wheel" thing.

If you happened to borrow the pins, I'd appreciate their return, and a
Corinthian borrower would also replace the collar and bearing set.   If
you'd like to remain an anonymous borrower, the items could be left for me
at the Saint Francis Yacht Club, or perhaps with Vanessa or Amy in the TI
office.

Thanks,

Jay Palace

www.gelcorp.com

toll-free 888-GEL-TEAM

mobile 415-601-1325

          Building High Performance Teams via Active Sailing Experiences

* Auckland *Alameda  * Annapolis * Berkeley * Chicago * Newport * New York *
Long Beach * San Diego * San Francisco * Virgin Gorda, BVI

Support youth and adaptive sailing on September 8th, September 22nd and
October 6th at the BIG TEAM Regattas!

Chicago - http://bigchi.gelcorp.com   Annapolis - http://bigdc.gelcorp.com
<http://bigdc2005.gelcorp.com/>   San Francisco - http://bigsf.gelcorp.com
<http://bigsf2005.gelcorp.com/>