Midwinters #1 @ TISC

Catherine King sailflat at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 17:26:09 EST 2006

Hello!
Hope you had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday!

We are gearing up for the start of the Midwinter Series with the annual Holiday Classic on Saturday, December 9, 2006.

Registration will begin at 12 noon, followed by a short Sailor's Meeting at 12:30pm.
The goal will be 5 or more races, dependent on the wind.

Sign up at http://vanguard15.org/schedule/342 if you are a "YES" or a "MAYBE."  We need a 5 boat commitment by Friday, Dec 8 @ 6pm to hold the event.

Greg Stemler is looking to crew (6', 135lbs), contact at gstem1 at gmail or 510.590.7438
Kevin Richards is looking for someone to sail with....skipper/crew/both for anyone new to the fleet...contact at kevin11tarn at yahoo.com

Please remember the TISC ramp has been pulled up for the winter season so all boats MUST hoist in, which takes more time.  Vanguard 15 & Laser slings are available.

Also looking for volunteers to help with Race Committee, especially people comfortable driving a motor boat.  We can rotate people into a boat so all can race.

All team racers...do you want to practice this winter???  Give us some feedback so we can integrate team racing into the Midwinter Series!

Cheers,
Catherine King & Sally Madsen
2007 Midwinter Series Co-Chairs