V15 Fleet 53 website update

Catherine King sailflat at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 15 19:08:50 EST 2006

Hello,
I am busy getting started with my new fleet position as Fleet PR/Marketing.

 1. Recently I updated the homepage intro section as it referenced the 2004 season.  Hope you like it.  Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see on the website.  Whether it is information, links, events, forms, etc.

2. There will be a Midwinter Series.  The dates are posted  on the website.  The Dec event can be moved to the following Saturday if enough people desire it.  We need a 5 boat minimum to hold the event, so sign up even if you are a maybe.  Please remember that ALL boats MUST HOIST IN as the ramp has been raised for the inclement winter weather.  There is a small fee associated with each day of racing to cover the expense of using TISC equipment.  Details to follow.

3. If you know of any companies that would like to sponsor a regatta or something, please let me know.  Matthew Sessions, 2007 Thursday Night Series Co-Chair, has secured Svenson's Marine as the main sponsor for the Thursday Night Series at TISC in support of both the V15 and Laser fleets.  Dolce Mia (Alex Mountjoy), Method (Adam Lowry), Waypoint Point Pizza (The Purdys), Fuel Foods (Jim Barkow) plus many rum & beer manufacturers have all sponsored events in the last two years.  Vanguard Sailboats also provided additional give-aways for the 2006 Awards Ceremony. Any company can be a sponsor and the demographics of the fleets are perfect for increasing brand awareness.

4. Is anyone interested in a group purchase of Fleet-branded fleeces, hats, rash guards, etc.?  Ideas and comments are welcome.  There should be a Thursday Night Series tee-shirt for the 2007 season for each registered boat.

5. If you want to get the latest information on fleet activities & boats for sale, please go the website and click on MAILING LIST.   The old list serve was destoyed in an electronics fire this summer and we are starting over.  Please let your fellow sailors know of this change.  The new mailing list address is sfv15 at myfleet.org.  There was NO CARRY OVER from the old list serve address book.

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!
Catherine King
2007 Midwinter Series Co-Chair
2007 PR/Marketing