fiberglass repair

Crosby Grant crosby_grant at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:21:13 EDT 2007

Hey everybody,

I'm hoping someone knows a thing or two about fiberglass repair and might be
willing to share.  I "fell" down onto the port rail of my V15 (I was
standing up to look upwind) and I have a crack at the "handle" and the
port-side decking is loose and wobbly.  I would like to DIY this project,
but I am open to affordable, professional repair.

I'd like someone with experience and expertise to recommend: cut it out and
repair it, or just glass it up from the inside to reinforce it.  The visible
crack is about 4 inches, the wobbly section is about 1 foot.  I imagine
there is cracking along the interior matting, inside the boat cavity.

Thanks!

-Crosby