Fw: Re: IMPORTANT INFO FROM TISC

NormanJohn Anderson sailfast039 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 00:19:21 EST 2008

--- On Sun, 12/14/08, NormanJohn Anderson <sailfast039 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: NormanJohn Anderson <sailfast039 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT INFO FROM TISC
To: nancyblum at yahoo.com, nataliekitchen at gmail.com, natashabaker at hotmail.com, nealamodio at yahoo.com, nedko_vassilev at yahoo.com, nickmulford at comcast.net, oldvillage at yahoo.com, p.e.loomis at sbcglobal.net, pakmat at sbcglobal.net, pete at tolachi.com, pheith at comcast.net, pressdogs at earthlink.net, r.giramonti at gmail.com, rlives at calcreek.com, rmccauley at berkeley.edu, rob at latitude38.com, rolf_kaiser at yahoo.com, rsilvestri at skiritai.com, rtennant at cal.berkeley.edu, sailflat at earthlink.net, sander.matthew at gene.com, sarahdeeds at yahoo.com, seanmcg44 at yahoo.com, service at baygreen.net, sfsailor67-jmt at yahoo.com, sgg at maltzmangould.com, shawnrdavis at yahoo.com, sho at ogrady.us, skiffsailingfoundation at hotmail.com, smadsen at stanfordalumni.org, sorentjensen at yahoo.com, sorosz415 at yahoo.com, sshadden at gmail.com, stevelabadessa at mac.com, stuart at svalues.com, t.rohr at mac.com, tbstewart at gmail.com, ted at colchiscapital.com, timf at kppinvest.com, tkallison at lbl.gov, tom.condy at terayon.com, tony.wyant at sbcglobal.net,
 vpla at hotmail.com, wesley_maclaggan at mercermc.com, will.lowe at gmail.com, will at willaldrich.com, wwright at buchalter.com, sailcoach at aol.com, sgmcmillin at sbcglobal.net, skleha at gmail.com, spinnaker.sailing at yahoo.com, "Lacey Todd" <Lacey.Todd at tisailing.org>, sfv15 at myfleet.org, ti_lasers at googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 9:02 PM

Dear Lacey,
   Last week I wrote an e-mail wondering when the ramp might be back in service. A few days after that, I got a message on my voicemail saying that it would only be used when needed for an event and was effectively out of service until April, 2009. I was also told that I was mistaken about last year, and that this is how the ramp situation is handled. A quick check of my e-mail archives showed that, indeed, the ramp was left in place last year and only removed when storms were forecasted. Those numerous e-mails from Zoe Sajor told us when the ramp was removed and when it was replaced as the weather allowed.
   Launching a Laser using the crane is an option, but is time-consuming and difficult. First you have to crane your boat in, and then you have to get your mast and sail down the ladder and step the mast with the boat in the water. I'd rather just wheel my boat down the ramp and go sailing.
   Last weekend I saw a group of Opti sailors also forced to use the crane to launch their boats. I think that TISC should consider the safety of children using ladders. Today when I was there, the tide was out and the top rung of the ladder was twelve feet from the dock, a considerable distance. As a general contractor, I work on jobsites all the time. If children were allowed on a jobsite, they would not be allowed on ladders.
   In my last e-mail, I offered to help move the dock whenever the need arose, that offer still stands.

Respectfully Yours,
Norm Anderson