2008 Season!

Tom Allison TKAllison at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 13 19:18:23 EST 2008

Hello Vanguardians,

The 2008 regatta Schedule has been posted at
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/series4?y=2008 and is also attached as an
excel file. We have a great lineup with roughly one weekend regatta per
month, and many regattas convienently located at TISC or nearby in the
bay area.

After their excellent management and trash-talking skills produced
record Thursday night turnout last season, Matt Sessions and Jim Barkow
will return as Thursday night co-chairs this season! Svendsen's will
also again be sponsoring the Thursday night series. The series will run
from April 3 to September 4, with the return of Svendsen's Super
Thursdays that you don't want to miss.

Coming up soon on the horizon is the St. Francis Fall Dinghy on March
8-9. This early regatta is a great way to start tuning up for the
season, and the St. Francis Yacht Club is a great venue. Please start
signing up on the website for the Fall Dinghy so we can give St. Francis
a head count and ensure a start for us at the regatta.

Start planning for the ski/sail as well on April 18-20. With all the
snow this winter, I'm sure the skiing will be great.

Please mark your calendars now for the championship series regattas.
These four regattas are conviently in the Bay Area and will all be
fantastic events with great racing outside the cove and great partying
on land. We are getting > 20 boats at Thursdays, lets do the same for
our championship series regattas and make them highly competitive
events. The first event is the One Day Bay Champs coming soon on April
27, and we will also have a clinic at TISC on April 26, coinciding with
TISC's opening day.

Also don't forget about TISC volunteer days, the first one is coming
next weekend on Feb 16.

-Tom