Fleet Business for April 2010

Natasha Baker natashabaker at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:14:21 EDT 2010

Dear Fleet,

It is time to ask not what TISC and your fleet can do for you, but what you can do for TISC and your fleet.  Volunteer opportunities include:

1.  Volunteering at Opening Day on the Bay this Saturday, April 24th.

2.  Volunteering at the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in support of TISC on May 1 or May 2. (Information below).

If you did not have the pleasure of installing the docks at TISC, which included hosing off a serious amount of bird dung, I strongly recommend you devote some time to one of the events above.  TISC is a volunteer-supported organization and the faciltity doesn't operate by magic.  If you simply are too busy, a handsome donation may also do.

In addition to your TISC obligations, please do consider your fleet obligations and make sure you have paid Fleet Dues, Svendens Thursday Night Dues and completed any waiver forms necessary to compete.

Finally, this evening I am making good on my threat to assign social chair duties.  The link to remaining dates is here: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dmr2x7b_70dxmbcpft

Anyone who has not emailed Amy or me by the close of business on Friday shall have a date assigned.  Further it shall be your responsiblity to cover for that date if you cannot make it.  I suspect that many of you have no idea the amount of time that Amy and Alex devote to ensuring that the Svendsens 'Thursday Night Series runs smoothly.  I know I didn't until I became Fleet Captain.  Honestly, it's like a part-time job for them.  So let's help them out and satisfy our obligations without being hounded.

Now that we've gotten the scolding out of the way, let's have some fun.  SIGN UP FOR SKI/SAIL (4/24-25) AND BAY CHAMPS (5/15).  Both bound to be epic events in their own right.  We're incorporating an actual bay leg in Bay Champs regatta.  Don't miss it.  While you are at it, sign up for the rest of the summer now.  Drag out the trailer and get ready to bring the boat up to Huntington and Tomales Bay for two crazy camping regattas.

See you on the water.

Natasha

TISC needs volunteers for
Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon
Saturday, May 1st and Sunday, May 2nd

The Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon is May 1-2. Treasure Island Sailing Center in the beneficiary for this event. TISC will receive the proceeds from the beer and water sales that have been generously donated. This event brings in a substantial amount of revenue that will help us kick of our summer programs.

TISC needs your help to sell beer and water at the triathlon fitness festival. We will also have a promotional tent set up with information on our programs. Below you will find a list of the different volunteer shifts available. This is a fun and easy volunteer opportunity and we hope to see you all at the festival!

Please email info at tisailing.org to sign up for one of the shifts listed below or call us at 415-421-2225

Saturday
2-3 people per shift
Beer Tent: Beer tent will be set up for you. You will be given directions on how to serve the beer and pricing
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00
3:00-5:00
5:00-7:00

Water Tent : Water tent will be set up for you and you will be given the prices to charge when you arrive.
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00
3:00-5:00
5:00-7:00

TISC Tent: Tent will be set up with all the necessary item. All you need to do is sit in the booth to collect registration forms or mailing list forms. We will brief you on our organization so that you are able to answer questions. We will also provide you with an information packet that includes all of the frequently asked questions.
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00
3:00-5:00
5:00-7:00

Sunday:
Boat Driver: You will be driving the TISC  motor boat as a press boat during the swim portion of the event. This position requires someone who has extensive motorboat experience. Please contact us for details.
5:30am-9:30am

2-3 people per shift
Beer Tent
7:00-9:00
9:00-11:00
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00

Water Tent:
7:00-9:00
9:00-11:00
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00

TISC Tent:
7:00-9:00
9:00-11:00
11:00-1:00
1:00-3:00

For more info on this event click the link below:
http://www.escapefromalcatraztriathlon.com/

Thank You,

Lacey Todd
Operations Manager