Sailing with a TISC junior?

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Jun 13 17:06:54 EDT 2012

Adding to Alex's recent note about sailing with TISC juniors and "worst to
first".

Going forward, if you're sailing with a TISC junior, let us know when you
register for a race so that we convert your worst finish to a first place.
Do this by going to the web page for a given day (example:
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/658) and the entering a note with the words
"Sailing with TISC junior". If you don't do this, it's possible that we
won't know to give you your first.

Some other comments on the program:

- The person that actually won the race won't get bumped down; they'll
still get their bullet.

- If you have multiple "worst" scores, say, two 20th places, we'll convert
the last of these worst races to a first. This could have implications in
rare instances of tie-breaking, given the racing rules.

Thanks,

- Al

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430