Kicking off 2013

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Apr 3 02:53:41 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,

Looking forward to the start of another season this Thursday!

Some quick comments in addition to what Alex and Adam mentioned in their
notes:

First, I'd like to thank the following people for stepping up and taking
the time to organize our fleet this year:

*Thursday Night Chairs*: Adam Rothschild & Claire Hulse
*Social Chairs*: Lyzz Schwegler & Neha Bazaj
*Tuesday Night Chairs*: Steve Kleha & Dan Altreuter
*Outreach Chair*: Sam Wheeler
*Treasurer*: Alex Symes
*Webmaster* (and Tomales Bay chair): Rolf Kaiser
*TISC Liaisons*: Rolf & Claire
*Fleet Captain*: yours truly

I feel very fortunate to have such a solid group like this to ensure that
things come together with our fleet. If you have ideas or feedback, please
be sure to let the appropriate folks know.

We will be putting an additional Dock In this* Sunday, April 7 from 9 to
noon*. Please sign up at http://vanguard15.org/schedule/700 -- many hands
make light work!

Let's be sure to *get the word out* about the fleet and get new members to
join us. Talk to the coaches and captains of your school's sailing teams
about how we provide fast-paced, college-style racing. Talk to your
keelboat fleet members who might be looking for something a bit more
exciting than hour long beats. Talk to coaches of junior sailing and high
school programs about how our fleet provides a way for their advanced
sailors to sharpen their skills.

If you're *looking to charter or buy *a boat -- or know someone who might
-- send your name to Sam (samwheeler.sail at gmail.com) so he can connect you
to people that might have boats. And if you have a boat to sell or charter
-- or know someone who might -- be sure to let Sam know.

If you'd like to* crew and/or skipper*, make sure we have your latest
details on our crew list: http://vanguard15.org/crew/

The gate code is currently *9463* (for all gate entrances -- main and
west). On 4/10, it will change to *7322*.

A lot of *dollies tires* need air. I'll be out early at TISC this
Thursday, hopefully around 3, and able to help fill dolly tires with an air
compressor that I'll bring.

See you all out there soon,

- Al (740)

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430