Seasons starts TODAY!

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Apr 3 09:55:46 EDT 2014

Looks like we'll have a break in the weather after our recent epic storms:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/San+Francisco+CA+USCA0987

Tonight is tune-up night. Something new we are trying out to help level set
the fleet in terms of boatspeed by sharing go-fast tips from the top boats.

As part of tune-up night, I'll walk through two topics starting around 5:30:

1) Top five tips to rig up your V15, also outlined on this post:
https://medium.com/sailing-2-0/a479794689c8

2) How to tune your rig with right combination of rake and tension. At the
end of the evening, you should know how to fill in this worksheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj2n0sy0e5ph6ao/Vanguard%2015%20tuning%20worksheet%2C%20v1.pdf,
originally derived from Luther Carpenter's classic V15 tuning guide:
http://www.v15.org/articles/luthtuning.html. Bring a couple of pencils and
fine-point Sharpie permanent marks, plus a long (30 foot) measuring tape if
you have one.

If you're an experienced V15 sailor, please do come out to help out with
the tune-up.

Svendsens will be on-hand with a bunch of gear including both basic
necessities (plugs, rope) to go-fast parts (stamasters, etc.). They'll be
taking credit cards.

Sailing is optional tonight, but there won't be any formal racing. Formal
racing starts next week, April 10. BUT -- you do get points for showing up
tonight. (Oh, and if it's a southerly, watch out since it can be sketchy to
sail in those.)

SOCIAL CHAIR are Sam and Lyzz (thanks guys!) so please register so they
have a headcount: http://vanguard15.org/schedule/768

We need more social chairs! Here's the signup form:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BJxakWwf4Z_0okkvFVGh2nPltH8fcphEg7To0zA26JY/edit#heading=h.30s33moisi0r

Full race schedule is up, too: http://vanguard15.org/schedule/. (Ok,
Tomales isn't there but we're looking tentatively at Sep 27-28, so save
that date.)

NOR & SIs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xgFPyo8SC2aM_Ukr9khB7isnSvE8zaJ_GqL8cxgEC3c/edit?disco=AAAAAJROMqc

We need to get the main website updated with the above plus the latest reg
form; just running behind schedule this year... any questions, let us know.

Best regards,

Al

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430