Fight the power (Fleet party parking tickets)

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Nov 12 09:00:04 EST 2014

(If you didn't get a ticket at the fleet party, you can skip this.)

Hi everyone,

I know Adam already sent out a photo of the parking meter, showing that no
payments were required after 6 pm. To make things even more turnkey, here
is some text you can use when you protest your ticket at
www.sfmta.com/protest. Deadline is 11/21/2014.

--

Dear SFMTA,

When I parked my car after 6 pm on November 1, 2014, I checked the parking
meter. It indicated that no fee was required after 6 pm, as seen in this
photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d1m7mnrr2520qb/2014-11-01%2022.24.53.jpg?dl=0

The parking station number was 891-00001, as shown in this photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfgo1kla3s9yewj/2014-11-01%2022.25.48.jpg?dl=0

This video shows that parking meter 891-00001 has an expiration time of 6
pm:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7vgbsokqv2dux3/2014-11-01%2022.26.02.mov?dl=0

Given the above, please rescind the parking citation ________. Thank you.

--