Last week recap + Sign up!

Al Sargent asargent at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Apr 22 21:21:44 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Quick recap from Maddy on last week's Thursday race if you didn't see it:

We came out strong for the beginning of the 2015 season with 9 boats on the
line. It was the first night out for most folks since last season and there
were a few dropped tillers, bad roll tacks, and boats missing essential
parts (who really needs a vang?).

Despite shaking the rust off, it was a beautiful night with light winds and
balmy temperatures. We tried to sail until just after sunset, but the wind
had other ideas. After 4 great races, the fifth was abandoned when the wind
finally died. Luckily the cold central coast brews were waiting for us
along with some delicious gourmet sandwiches.

Alex supplied a masterful spread including roasted chickens, which we all
happily devoured to the sounds of friends catching up, introductions being
made, and announcements for the new season. But the real excitement came
during results, when we anxiously listened to learn who won the first place
prize: lotion and soaps from Alex's company, Dolce Mia! Congrats to Dan and
Claire, winners of the night and the fantastically fragranced formulas. A
new precedent: social chair "prizes"!?! I wonder what will happen next week
:)

Thanks Alex for social chairing, and Maddy for the writeup. And welcome to
Jack Barton, a new sailor to our fleet. (Anyone else new that I'm missing?)

So, let's do it again this week! Sign on up here:
http://vanguard15.org/schedule/841

Anyone for social chairing? If so, sign up here: www.j.mp/v15social2015 --
if no signup, we can BYOD at TIBG (buy your own dinner/drinks at TI Bar &
Grill).

Looks like it'll be a bit cool & breezy, so bring the warm clothes:
https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+94130

Best regards,

Al

asargent at stanfordalumni.org | +1 415 742 1430