Fwd: TISC's Volunteer Opportunities

Sally Madsen smadsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 18:27:27 EDT 2016

Hello vanguard sailors!
Here are some fun ways to do your volunteering hours at TISC.
In particular, Luxine is looking for 2 volunteers for Vision Impaired
Sailing this Saturday!

Sign up through the links below, and email Luxine with any questions.
(Summer volunteering calendar coming soon.)

sally

----

*Visually Impaired Sailing Program*
One-Saturday-a-month event hosted at Treasure Island Sailing Center (TISC)
 in partnership with the Marin Sailing School Program for the Blind.  TISC
is seeking experienced sailors to participate in these events either as
instructors or as crew members on a J24.  Some training will be required,
and will be provided by instructors experience in teaching blind and
vision-impaired sailors.   All volunteers are encourage  to attend a
 training day at TISC on Saturday, May 14th from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
followed by a  BBQ after.
Volunteer Sign Up for Vision Impaired Sailing Class <http://vols.pt/6db5cY>

*Opening Day*
*Saturday, April 30, 2016*
This one day event kicks off our sailing season while promoting the sport
of sailing and National Safe Boating Week.  We are looking for volunteers
to help on water (J24 or RS Venture Skippers) or on shore.
Volunteer Sign Up for Opening Day <http://vols.pt/WY66Wd>

*Luxine Smith /Program Coordinator *
Treasure Island Sailing Center <http://tisailing.org/>
698 California Avenue
Building 112
San Francisco, CA 94130
luxine.smith at tisailing.org
Phone: (415) 421-2225 / Fax: 415 421-2208
TISC Blog: *On Clipper Cove* <http://onclippercove.com/>