V15 2016 // kickoff party and officers

Sally Madsen smadsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:03:04 EDT 2016

Hi all,
Thanks for coming out last week.

*BIG THANKS* to last year's fleet officers: Al, Maddy, Ben, Dan, Steve,
Sally, Sam, Pete, Peter, Rolf. A successful season and Nationals to boot!

*We have some fantastic new officers.*
Fleet captain/Thurs nights: Sam, Lyzz (first half of the season), and
looking for more helpers
Tues nights: Dan + Steve
Treasurer: Ben
TISC Liaison/volunteering: Sally
Charters: Rachel
Webmaster: Cory, new fleet member! [Cory-- can you get in touch? I don't
have your email.]

*And we had some meaty planning discussions. *
Here are highlights-- and you all should feel free to jump in and add to
this.

*Outreach*
Focus on recruiting new sailors: college alums, summer coaches, high school
students.
Track referrals, and the person who gets most referrals gets the next year
of fleet dues free!

*Season timing (Thursday nights)*
Split the season into 3 6-week chunks, with separate scoring for each plus
overall.
Super Thursdays the first Thursday of the month, with big focus on raising
numbers those nights.

*Social chair*
More barbecues, less TIBAG (TI Bar + Grill)
Include a few fleet-sponsored social chair nights to relieve pressure on
the fleet

*Weekend regattas*
High Sierra is happening!
What else?

(More inputs in the survey results here
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wOepEO2l9ca9_xlOXmB5wafqVYN3jlcRa1slJ0o-T5Q>
.)

Stay tuned for dates and news, once the fleet officers have time to connect.

And thanks to Adam, Jackson + co for the sweet music.

sally