[Santana 22] Scombridae Sunday rocks

tmc664 at comcast.net tmc664 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 23:55:42 EDT 2007

8 Tunas showed up for a little start practice and short course racing.  There were 4 or 5 practice starts with the Race Committee setting the tone of the day by announcing that " if you aren't over early at least once then you weren't trying hard enough".  For those who weren't over early Fun Zone made up for them.  We tried a couple of things we'd never try in a real race, now I. know why.  After the last start we all rafted up to the guest dock bow in, sails lowered, fenders out, all in a nice row.  During lunch a hat was passed around for the juniors there at TI and everyone seemed very happy to contribute. Next followed two windward / leeward races. Hardly any yelling as all seemed to have a good time. Results on the Santana web site. Afterwards everyone waved goodbye, thanked the race committee and headed for home.  For us 3 Alameda boats the real race began. 1 1/2 hour later Fun Zone pulled into their slip just seconds before Albacore and Poniente.
Did I say this was a whole lot of FUN?    Try it, you'll like it.
Tom
Fun Zone