[Santana 22] Wicked Launches

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Wed Feb 14 15:37:34 EST 2007

Jodi,

"Wicked" looks wicked!  I'm sailing the CYC Mid-Winters this weekend
and 4:30 is about the time I figure we'll either Finish or give up (5
knot wind/5 knot Ebb -- which will win?).  So, I'll miss the
ceremony.  How many chickens, goats, and oxen are you sacrificing for
the ceremony?  Will we be able to see the sacrificial smoke rising up
across the Bay if we look up Raccoon Strait and over Berkeley way?

By the way, why not really christen "Wicked's" new racing career by
coming over to the Island YC's Sadie Hawkins Race on Saturday, Feb.
24?  Woman skipper, anyone crew.  I think Heidi will be there, Leah's
bringing "Elaine", and I'm trying to round up several more Tunas so
there can be a "Class Jib/No Spinnaker" Tuna division.

The Start's in front of the IYC and goes down to around Jack London
Square and back to a turning mark near Coast Guard Island.  Maybe
even twice around?

The info's on the IYC website.  Start's at 1300.  They have  chili
cook off after the race.  Give Lucie a call/email.

And, if you know of other boats with women skippers/crew who should
be, please send the word around.  It's fun.

Good luck and smooth sailing,

Pat
"Elaine" #245