[Santana 22] Double Handed Lightship

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Fri Feb 16 00:06:22 EST 2007

Santana Folks,

There are two upcoming races sponsored by the Island YC.  I think
both would be terrific Tuna events, even though they are completely
different.  Notice of Race, Entry Forms, and Sailing Instructions are
posted on the IYC website <iyc.org>.  The contact person is Joanne
McFee (510.521.7442)

1.	Feb. 24	Sadie Hawkins Race.  This is women's skipper, anyone
crew.  It's on the Estuary, so there will be flat water and moderate
wind.  I think the Tunas will sail white sails/no spinnaker.   If
there are 5 entries we'll have a Division.

2.	March 24		Doublehanded Lightship Race.  This is a race from the
GGYC out to and around the Light Buoy about 11 nm out, for something
like a 22 nm round trip.  It's a spinnaker PHRF handicap race (unless
we can get 5 Tunas!).  Typically takes about 5 and a half hours to sail.

Please feel free to contact me and ask questions.  I'd like to
encourage participation in both of these races.

Thanks,

Pat Broderick
"Elaine" #245