[Santana 22] Rites of Spring, Wheeler Regatta, & Spring Tune Up

Stephen Buckingham buckingham at sonic.net
Mon Jan 29 23:12:07 EST 2007

I miss the fisticuffs meetings. But the Rites of Spring Race is
single-handed or double-handed as per the Oakland Yacht Club. The
only thing we could decide is how we want to race as a fleet provided
we have enough boats. We had lots of boats show up last year (but it
was cancelled when the committee boat was hit) perhaps because it was
agreed we would be doing it with main and class jibs only. Of course
any Santana is welcome to fly a chute and join the PHRF division if
they prefer. I know the allure of the spinny too, and will be
watching to see how many defectors there will be.

Stephen
Tchoup