[Santana 22] crystal stuff in bilge/ steel primer

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Tue May 1 23:13:49 EDT 2007

Tom,

For a quick, temporary fix, Rustblock Steel Primer is the way to go
(there are other products on the market that do the same thing at a
good paint store).  I'd grind off the worst of the rust (or use a
stiff metal bristle brush) before applying the paint.  The
application calls for 3 or 4 coats if I remember correctly.

Are you sure you don't want to slap on several coats of fairing
compound and give the keel a quick sand down after the primer and
before the bottom paint?

About the crystals. It sounds like you shipped some Bay Water at some
point and it's dried out in our recent Global Warming period (which
is definitely over tonight in  Santa Rosa).  Or if you have thru hull
head is it leaking?  Someone spill something like a sugared soft drink?

Pat
"Elaine" 38000