[Santana 22] More rub rail ?s

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Tue May 15 14:50:46 EDT 2007

Richard,

On "Elaine" I keep the rub rail hooked on by using sheet metal screws
and fender washers.  I drill up from underneath and use screws just
long enough (sorry I don't remember the length) so the tip sticks
into the upper part of the rub rail.  The fender washer spreads the
pressure out so the rubber (?) isn't torn out by the screw's small
head.  I think I did it about every 18" where the rail was falling
off (mostly the forward part on my boat).  Maybe it helps hold the
hull/deck joint together also?????

I wouldn't use 5200 since it's really, really permanent.

Pat
"Elaine" #245