[Santana 22] 2008 ODCA/Spinnaker Series Schedule

Nancy & Pat Broderick broderic at sonic.net
Thu Nov 22 22:17:28 EST 2007

Fleet #1 Santanas,

Bridget's reminder about the Nationals at Santa Cruz is timely.  I
think many of the boats that might be sailing in the 2nd Half Opener
are also boats most likely to trailer down to SC on July 25/27 for
the Nationals.  I'm not sure I'm going this year, but I assume Jan
and Michael will be, and perhaps one or two others.  (If I don't go,
I'll loan my road trailer to someone who is.)

So, here's an alternative schedule to think about.

1) Remove the 2nd Half Opener from the Tuna Schedule so Fleet #1
boats can trailer down to SC and other skippers go along as crew.

2) Since there's some concern about multiple dates for the Knox
Course races, and since there will be an HDA race on the same date as
the ODCA races, cancel the "white sail" races for the YRA Season
Closer (Sept. 13 I think) and substitute the HDA being run that day
as a "Spinnaker Race."  It's the HDA  the Island Tour Race, which
Starts at Knox, goes around Yellow Bluff, and then around both
Alcatraz and Red Rock before heading back to YB and a short run to
the Finish at Knox.  The Tunas have used it as part of the Spinnaker
Series in years past. I think it's about 17 miles or so.

Whatever the fleet does/decides, however, should be set up relatively
soon since folks begin to dial in their Summer plans pretty soon.

Pat
"Elaine" #38000