[Santana 22] 2008 ODCA/Spinnaker Series Schedule

Jan Grygier and Patti Boucher hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 23 14:50:20 EST 2007

OK, I think I'm with Pat on this one.  We certainly don't want to schedule
a local race at the same time as Nationals, that in-bay Schumacher trophy
will just have to go unawarded next year. And get rid of second Season
Closer Knox to get "fewer races, more boats". That would give us the
following for white sails "counters":

5/17 City Front (2 races)
5/31 Berkeley Circle (2 races)
6/21 South Bay (Alameda Side ) (2 races)

Mid-Summer "Break", with Admiral's/Lipton Cup mid-July (spinnakers, must be
sponsored by yacht club; but free entry, food and swag)
and Nationals in SC July 25-27 (white sails only, all comers) (If it
doesn't conflict with  Admirals, maybe a Scombridae the week before to get
people psyched and prepared for the 30-boat Nationals that Bridget is
promising us.)

8/9 Southampton Area (2 races)
9/6 Knox (2 races)

and the following for spinny series "counters":
5/3 Vallejo up
5/4 Vallejo back

8/24 HDA - Knox/Bonita (Knox out to Bonita Buoy - back to # 7 or #8 - Knox
Finish)
9/27 Island Tour (around Alcatraz, Red Rock and Angel Island)
10/25? Pumpkin Saturday

This is 5 days each white sails and spinnakers, plus Admirals and Nationals
as special events.  Presumably also Rites of Spring (double-handed in
March), some white sails regatta in the fall to act as the Cappucino Cup,
and a few Scombridae Sundays thrown in.  I know Pete was talking about Big
Daddy or Wheeler Cup (also in the spring), but I'm not sure we can get the
numbers for those.  This feels like enough races for almost everybody with
quite a bit of variety.

But like Pat says, we need to nail this down pretty soon, and the Xmas
party seems to be morphing into a Chinese New Year's party.  So either we
burn up the email boxes again or someone better at this than I sets up an
online poll for us to decide which races to include next year, and then
either Bill or Pete update the web site.

Jan Grygier
Carlos