[Santana 22] Pumpkin races Saturday

Bill Murphy capnbill at lmi.net
Tue Oct 30 12:54:57 EDT 2007

You can get to the results from the RYC web site.  Congratulations on
the first race!  We kept our genoa up because  we were too lazy to
change it.  Since the wind seemed much lighter as you got closer to
the leeward mark/finish line I'm not sure if it made a big difference
overall.  The current and wind pattern made a huge difference in the
third race.  We rounded the windward mark just a little behind Jan on
Betty Boop, and they rounded the leeward mark way ahead of us thanks
to playing wind and current better than we did.  On the other hand,
we played it right by going left on the first windward leg of the
second race and I think rounded first -- a historic event.