[Santana 22] Sunday races

tmc664 at comcast.net tmc664 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 02:06:04 EDT 2007

I'm surprised that no one else has posted.  My composition skills ain't to good but I'll give it a try.
6 or 7 or 8 tunas showed up for the 3d installment of the Scombrie races.  Pariaha was defintely the class of the field..  Bill King from Alameda in Atuna Matia led the single handers around the marks till he ran out of time and went home. I committed the deadly sin of hoisting sails just before the first start and then having to come up to speed during the next three races. I finally got a few good starts and finishes towards the end.  For me it was a great chance to put to rest the notion that sailing angles downwind in moderate breezes is a good thing,  all I did was go backwards. The new  APS mark looks great and is easy to find (and hit) . Thank you race committe for giving me a free pass on an over early start.  Thank you Bill Murphy and Pete for being race committe. How about a spinnaker seminar next year?
thanks again
Tom McIntyre
Fun Zone  #664