[Santana 22] whisker pole

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 4 01:38:11 EDT 2008

I sure hope you're legal, I've been occasionally storing my whisker pole
that way for years; and both I and Michael have a little projection out
front (a piece of batten) to prevent spinnaker sheets from falling off the
bow and getting caught between the rudder and the hull (which happened to me
once, and is a royal pain to undo).

Just don't expect to win any races by having it stick out the front, I don't
think that counts as "normal operating position" but it's perfectly legal,
just like having your engine stick out the back is fine too (though a tad
slower).

Jan Grygier

Carlos

  _____