[Santana 22] everything you wanted to know about the new class jib

tmc664 at comcast.net tmc664 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 19:46:57 EST 2008

Just picked up a new class jib from Pineapple today.  With Kames help I laid out my 5 year old class jib on top of the new jib just for comparisions. The two sails were mirror images of each other with the exception of an increased foot roach.  The battens don't add any additional area but will help the sail to maintain its shape over a longer period of time.  My 5 year old sail had a fair bit of leech hooking and the draft had moved aft a measureable amount.  BTW a 3:1 jib cunningham (class illegal) was not enought to move the draft back where it should be. The workmanship looks superb, the support fantastic and the new tide books were in.  I got a 10% discount cause I'm so good looking OR maybe it was a winter discount.
To cold to go sailing, we'll see how it looks when it warms up.
Tom
#664 Fun Zone