[Santana 22] everything you wanted to know about the new class jib

Michael Kennedy michaelkennedy05 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 20:51:05 EST 2008

Re jib downhaul:  my Ullman jib hasn't shown any aft migration of the draft yet, but being able to adjust the luff tesnion is still important; I rigged up a jib halyard adjustment that involves a loop spliced into the jib halyard that, when the jib is hoisted, is just through the turning block.   There is a 4:1 purchase along the deck with a shackle at the forward end, which I hook into the halyard's spliced loop when the jib is raised.  Real easy to adjust the harlyard when sailing that way, with the added advantage that I was able to remove the jib halyard winch on that side.

If anyone wants to peek at the boat, fell free (it lives at Brickyard Cove and/or we'll be out for the Sausalito Midwinters).

Stay warm, Happy Holidays, and see you in the new year

Mike Kennedy
Pariah #146