[Santana 22] Trailer dimensions

Jan Grygier hydrophilos at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 00:21:28 EST 2008

 Derek: I measured my trailer and another one at RYC today, here's what I
found:
All measurements in vertical or horizontal inches, even when poles are not
perpendicular; pads measured at the middle; all measurements approximate,
make sure there is some adjustment in the pads:
Front edge of keel to front pad (horiz) - mine 53", other one 40"
Bottom of keel to front pad (vert) - mine 36", other 38"
Front of keel to back of keel - 40", both (I sure hope so!)
Back of keel to rear pad (horiz) - 37" or so (both)
Bottom of keel to rear pads (vert) - 38" or so (both)
Rear pad to front of rudder (horiz) - 28" or so (both)
Sorry, I forgot to measure the side to side distances between the pads. The
pads are only a few inches above the lowest point in the hull (i.e. at
centerline), so they are on the "flat" part of the hull before it starts
curving up much.

Other dimensions will work I'm sure, I was surprized at the big difference
in the front pad dimensions. Of course the further from the keel and the
further from centerline, the higher the pad is from the bottom of the keel.

Good luck, sounds like there's a lot of advice out there in our fleet!

Jan Grygier, PhD
hydrophilos at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~hydrophilos/spigot.html